Power steering pump O/P figures

dollythelw

just a quickie <_<

Has anyone got the figures to hand for a Land Rover PAS pump, cc's/rev and system operating pressure

Cheers

Jez

As a matter of fact, I do!

A friend at a reman facility made some tests for me on two different RRC circa 1985 pumps.

Straight out of the car, one at about 240 000km and one unknown mileage:

l/min@465rpm 4.0 and 2.1 respectively

l/min@1500rpm 7.7 and 7.6 respectively

pressure@1500rpm 56.0 and 55.3 Bar respectively

After that the better one was boosted to 92 Bars and is awaiting assembly into the portal RRC once I get it running. Should help with turning the 38.5's...

T

As a matter of fact, I do!

A friend at a reman facility made some tests for me on two different RRC circa 1985 pumps.

Straight out of the car, one at about 240 000km and one unknown mileage:

l/min@465rpm 4.0 and 2.1 respectively

l/min@1500rpm 7.7 and 7.6 respectively

pressure@1500rpm 56.0 and 55.3 Bar respectively

After that the better one was boosted to 92 Bars and is awaiting assembly into the portal RRC once I get it running. Should help with turning the 38.5's...

T

Tak Sor Tobias,

I was hoping to hit 11.7 l/min at around 1100 rpm and 100bar but I think Im going to have to use a 12cc/rev ZF pump to get the flow and pressure - do you tweak the PRV spring on the Rover pump to up the pressure?

My ram needs 411cc's at 100bar to cycle fully so the ZF would give a stroke time of 1.75 seconds (which I can live with), it would also give a force of 1950Kgs (methinks plenty! :D )

Thanks for the figures!!

Cheers

Jez

ufortunately the ZF74 has a max output of 12 l/min so underdriving it won't gain you anything

On a dedicated MM ZF instal I've heard of MR2 PAS pumps being used as flow boosters, the alternative is belting up a higher flow pump or using two ZFs in tandem,

Tweeking the PRV on the ZF will only increase potential system pressure and therefore winchpower - it wont affect the flow - soz Turbocharger :(

Steve - not done it but if you can find the pump type Im sure the figures could be tracked down somehow - I'd be surpised if they were more then 7cc/rev at 50-60bar though

I have a load of bumph somebody sent me, he had done a twin ZF74 setup, which doubled the speed for not a huge amount of work or cost. Quite a neat idea too. I meant to do it as a post for the tech archive (he said I could) but never got a round tuit... one of these days. It's nearly winter so when it gets too cold to play with my boat I might do it :D