LR3 / D3

Ray Dadd

hi all

just joined this forum and would like to say hi .

apart from that will i have any creditability due to owning D3 :rolleyes:

as i do use it laning but for the more serious stuff i have a fully loaded 90 any way .but i want to push the D3 and see how far it will go ish .with ouit dents hopfully .

yours

ray

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Ray,

welcome to lr4x4. I think that will be the first D3 on here so far! Be good to get some picks of it with some LR4x4.com Stickers on.... :D

Cheers

Mark

With a little bit of luck there will be two D3's on here within the next couple of months.

I went to MJ.Fews, gloucestershire yesterday and had a test drive of the BASIC 7 seater model with air suspension. B)

I can honestly say it blew me away, what a fantastic drive. :D

Whilst there I also had a drive of a 53 plate D2 ES. :unsure: The thing wallowed like a boat, my 10 year old D1 drives better.

I know what I want, I want a D3 :D

Whilst there I also had a drive of a 53 plate D2 ES. unsure.gif The thing wallowed like a boat, my 10 year old D1 drives better.

must have been something badly wrong with it then!

I have had mine for four years now and previous to that had a 1996MY D1 for three years and can honestly say there is no contest - my D1 had uprated (standard height) springs fitted to improve the handling and the D2 is still better than that was even though it is a basic non ACE vehicle. The ACE (which I have also driven) makes it better still but IMHO adds complexity I can live without, hence the decision not to get it!

The D3 is better still to drive though, but having driven several vehicles now, I did think that on bumpy roads (which we have a lot of here) the ride was surprisingly fidgety. I would expect something that heavy riding on independent suspension to have a magic carpet ride but it is really no better than my D2 on slightly oversize tyres - I guess the low profile 17 and 18in rims must ruin the ride a bit.

Personally I have seen too many broken ones to buy one just yet - and I still think the back is hideous - but they are nice to drive and there is SO much space inside!! it is the only vehicle I have ever been in where I have got into a vehicle with the seat right back and needed to move everything closer!