Well that was an interesting 24 hours

minivin

Got the 109 on the road at 13:00 yesterday, went to Sidbury which is all of 8 miles from me, went around a friends and showed them, then upto RogueTroopers and showed him, home and a quick wash down, this morning drove it into work, AND IT'S BROKEN DOWN ALREADY!!!!!!

Was showing two friends around it (one had a 109, the other has a 90 and a 101FC), got to the end and Steve said "fire it up!", "click" hot plugs, moved the key the next position and <silence> nothing :blink:

Pulled the wire off the starter motor and tested for the starter signal, yup, 12Volts, so after a bit of beating it with a broom handle I'm just going to go look for a hammer to beat that effing starter motor with.

Aint even been on the road for 24Hours :D

Got the 109 on the road at 13:00 yesterday, went to Sidbury which is all of 8 miles from me, went around a friends and showed them, then upto RogueTroopers and showed him, home and a quick wash down, this morning drove it into work, AND IT'S BROKEN DOWN ALREADY!!!!!!

Was showing two friends around it (one had a 109, the other has a 90 and a 101FC), got to the end and Steve said "fire it up!", "click" hot plugs, moved the key the next position and <silence> nothing :blink:

Pulled the wire off the starter motor and tested for the starter signal, yup, 12Volts, so after a bit of beating it with a broom handle I'm just going to go look for a hammer to beat that effing starter motor with.

Aint even been on the road for 24Hours :D

Welcome to the world of LR ownership! :rolleyes::P

Remember next time to take No.1 tool - 2lb lump hammer!

Welcome to the world of LR ownership! :rolleyes::P

Remember next time to take No.1 tool - 2lb lump hammer!

just had my contractor holding the ignition on the starter position as I hit it with a small ball peen hammer, it then threw-in and started :rolleyes: will have to do the same proceedure for going home tonight and then it can sit on the drive as I figure whether to strip the starter or find another secondhand item cheap

You saying that, I did notice that the started sounded rough when you started it leaving me.

If you need another we can take it off mine and you can "borrow" it.

Might take you up on that offer, what time you finishing work and how long can I borrow it? ;)

Superb!!!!

Welcome to the joys of unreliable transport ownership!

See now why were telling you to shake out the bugs for a few weeks?

Jon

And hence why I have absolutely no plans on selling the BMW as it's reliable ;)

Might take you up on that offer, what time you finishing work and how long can I borrow it? ;)

Let me move mine around tonight, and I will let you know, as for time.........untill you find a replacement!!

Just give me the old one so at least I can fit it and get it to start if I need too!!

plus new bearings, new brushes as only one was working due to the new slip-ring assembly required as all the fixings have rusted solid, new stator assembly due to wear. Sourced another 2nd hand one for the moment as don't fancy paying out £80 for a service exchanged item