No defenders in New York

dantd5

Currently took a week tour to the City that NEVER Sleeps. I was disappointed to see just one roller caged Defender most likely a 2001 model. I learnt after meeting some friends later that they never sell them in this city. I decided to send this further to the gurus of this forum for enquiries as to why this trend. Hammers were in their abundance. Albeit, many range rovers were around but they never caught my eye!! :huh:

They stopped selling Defenders in the USA in 1997 as they will not conform to USA crash testing and air bag regulations. IIRC they were only available for about a year - as a 90 anyway, the 110s may have been available before that.

Chris

I was in New York again last week.....isn't it funny that out of all the great things to see & do in this fantastic city we still find ourselves looking for Land Rovers.

I noiced plenty of Discoveries ( 1,2's & 3's), Range Rover Sports and New shapes...and only a single Defender 90.

I saw a solitary series III in Middleton the week before. The two Americans in the car with me couldn't quite understand why I was getting all excitted at this old Land Rover coming the other way down the free way! (motorway to us folk!) I tried to explain but it went way over their heads.

I was in New York again last week.....isn't it funny that out of all the great things to see & do in this fantastic city we still find ourselves looking for Land Rovers.

I noiced plenty of Discoveries ( 1,2's & 3's), Range Rover Sports and New shapes...and only a single Defender 90.

I saw a solitary series III in Middleton the week before. The two Americans in the car with me couldn't quite understand why I was getting all excitted at this old Land Rover coming the other way down the free way! (motorway to us folk!) I tried to explain but it went way over their heads.

Quite a few wives/partners over here have the same dilemma :rolleyes:

John

I went into a frenzy after getting no fender in sight. I then set the camera on giant trucks. The wife of one of our friend dreams of owning a defender. Luckily my other half understood my frustrasion... Some just don't get it... :o

Pics are from Stamford and Broadway 49th street

post-7610-1246630033_thumb.jpg

post-7610-1246630066_thumb.jpg

post-7610-1246630137_thumb.jpg