Hi

New to this but here goes.

How much jiggerey pokerey does it take to fit a TD5 bonnet to a 300 TDI?

I know the Hinges are the same just lift on and off and that the bonnet stay is different but I can get round that.

Anything else to worry about?

Cheers Guys

No it will fit the same otherwise - there are IIRC three different styles of bonnet prop over the years (one scissor type and two variations on the prop) but I think any of them can be made to fit anything with a bit of fiddling. I think you can even fit a Puma bonnet if you want one that weighs a ton and will rust :)

I,m trying to get shot of the wheel on the bonnet affair, I like the lighter part.

I,ve been told that the expanssion tank fouls a TD5 bonnet somehow! Would that be right?

No I don't think so. I am pretty sure the frame on my bonnet (late build export 300Tdi - 2006 model year) is the same as on a Td5 bonnet - I can't be 100% sure as it now has a 300Tdi style bonnet padding installed which fits perfectly and certainly doesn't foul anywhere.

Myself & Graham Thompson were talking about this a few months ago, as the Td5 bonnet he was trying to fit was fouling on the heaterbox of his '89 110. try a search because I put in a photo of a Td5 bonnet open [part of a noisekiller advert IIRC].

Here is a pic under mine - 2006 model year with a 300Tdi engine. I think the bonnet is exactly the same as a Td5 one with the late type bonnet prop - I have fitted the older 300Tdi age (94-98 model) soundproofing felt as described and there are no problems with that nor does it catch on anything :)

post-33-1246746711_thumb.jpg