Seat change in Discovery 1

350ypvs

Has anyone changed the seats in their Disco for something better but not full buckets as i've heard they can

be a pain in the a*** getting in & out of.Something like semi bucket type from a sporty saloon or hatchback

would be good but i don't what would fit.

Any ideas ?

Gary

I fitted a set of leather recaros from a Ford Sierra Cosworth (I think). Was simple enough. Remove all the Ford subframes to leave a flat base with 4 bollt holes. Make up a frame that picks up the 4 bolt holes on the seat and allows you to drill 4 more holes to take the Disco seat runners and bobs your uncle. I did it on a 4 door disco but I imagine a 3 door one would be more difficult.....

A pic

post-1427-1246831633_thumb.jpg

i fitted full buckets to my 3dr commercial wasnt too bad for fitting used original front holes and drilled hole in seat fram,e used some kinked brackets to line up holes on seat to original slider rear holes

but yer full backets will prob get a tad annoyin to most people

I fitted a set of leather recaros from a Ford Sierra Cosworth (I think). Was simple enough. Remove all the Ford subframes to leave a flat base with 4 bollt holes. Make up a frame that picks up the 4 bolt holes on the seat and allows you to drill 4 more holes to take the Disco seat runners and bobs your uncle. I did it on a 4 door disco but I imagine a 3 door one would be more difficult.....

A pic

post-1427-1246831633_thumb.jpg

Lokks a tidy job.Thats the sort of thing i have in mind.

Lokks a tidy job.Thats the sort of thing i have in mind.

The seats from RRC are a straight fit.

You should be able to pick some up fairly easily.

Seeing where you are, perhaps a call to Charlie Bennison in Northallerton?

Heres mine in my 3dr Disco

Disco0082_Medium.jpg

Used the original LR tilt subframe and fitted two 60mm x 6mm (i think) bars on the frnt and rear mount of the subframe then bolted the seat onto them as the seats runners are slightly wider than the originals.

Result = two vinyl reclining bucket style seats that stll use the origial tilt forward mech for access.

Robp: That looks good.Mines a 5 door but making some modded brackets is not a problem.

I'm watching a few sets on ebay at the moment.

PW8757 do you have a number for Charlie Bennison in Northallerton & what does he do?

Gary

PW8757 do you have a number for Charlie Bennison in Northallerton & what does he do?

Gary

Charles Bennison 4x4 @ Oak Tree Hill Darlington Road (A167 north out of Northallerton for 10 minutes)

01609 775133/07779666634 or c.bennison4x4@btconnect.com

Breaker of all models of Land Rover - has complete car interiors or a couple of seats - I know he had some leathers in recently

I use his place quite frequently and he is good value....... :)