Fueling Problem ?? A bit of halp Please

TJ101

Had a search but nothing coming up :unsure:

Have a friend with a 2002 D2 TD5 Auto,,

Occasionally when giving it some throttle, its feels like it goes down onto 3/4 cylinders, plus quite a loud "diesel knock" along with a fair amount of black smoke

Could be a week until it happens again,, Have got it to do it for me, by using the sport mode, and giving it a larger amount of throttle Fuel filter just been change, but no difference

Anyone had similar before ???

TIA

Going on :huh:

The fuel pump was sounding like a strangled cat, so have fitted a new one of those, and still no better, but at least runs quite now !!!

Check the pressure reg, and no leaks

But still, loads of smoke when provoked, and engine rattle ???

Going on :huh:

The fuel pump was sounding like a strangled cat, so have fitted a new one of those, and still no better, but at least runs quite now !!!

Check the pressure reg, and no leaks

But still, loads of smoke when provoked, and engine rattle ???

hello mate

i would get it plugged in and checked for fault codes,

if your around the dorset area, give me a pm and i will plug it in for you

andy

Thanks Andy, maybe the next job !! Have been read once with NFF !!!

But now i can reproduce the fault, something may be stored, when i see the D2 again, will also check the wastegate :unsure:

I also had a problem with a TD5 at first the fuel pump sounded like a strangled cat so changed the pump went quiet for a bit then noise started again, engine started to miss same as yours then went to cutting out and poor starting, I did the usual of pipes, filter, filter top, regulator etc but couldn't find anything wrong with them and eventually found that injector seals were u/s, it allows compression gasses back in to the fuel system, got em changed and don't miss a beat now.

and eventually found that injector seals were u/s, it allows compression gasses back in to the fuel system, got em changed and don't miss a beat now.

Sorry Djinn,,, only just see this,, interesting,, :rolleyes:

Found the dipstick level very high,, with both oil and diesel, so suspecting either the seals, or worse, the head,,

Fitted the seals midweek, so lets hope we are both correct ???

• 2 months later...