upgraged to 200tdi

hi all, rescently upgraded to 200tdi very pleased with outcome changed gearbox transferbox and engine,now gear sticks sit further back can't get middle seat in anymore, would a cubby box still fit, [don't want to buy if not] tried a centre console out of disco i'm breaking fits ok but abit short at front bulkhead could get round it i suppose bit of handy work, has anybody done same conversion, any idea's and photo's would be great :rolleyes::unsure: cheer's defender dinky

swap the main gearbox for the correct 90/110 main gearbox or remove/strip/rebuild the Disco box with the correct defender parts.

hi, yes i used disco gearbox because the shaft was worn on the defender box, as to stripping the gearboxes down sounds to complicated for me being a novice,using disco gearbox i had to move engine mounts forward, so don't fancy moving them back now, is there a archive on stripping the gear boxes. :unsure: cheer's defender dinky

It would proberly be easyer as western said to get another box and move the mounts back to their original position, otherwise its proberly a case of having to live with it.

If you do want to change the box layout then Ashcrofts are the people to speak to.

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/

Dave.

hi dave, it dose'nt bother me i was just wondering if anybody had got any idea's how i could finish off the centre console area, would a cubby box still fit as anybody got the dimensions for cubbybox, i'm happy with set up as is, drives great :) cheer's defender dinky

I have got a cubby box, I think its an exmoor trim one, It takes up almost all of the space between the seats however it is sat a little bit forward so I can rest my arm on it.

This is the one i have.......as you can see from the photo it takes up quite a large amount of space, not sure how much space you have?

http://www.trakkers.co.uk/defender-style-cubby-1189-0.html

Dave.