Torque settings for trailing arms ???

Hi all

I brought some cranked trailing arms can anyone tell me what the torque settings are for the big 30 mm nut which goes though the chasis and the setting for the smaller nut which goes through the bush on the axle.

Many thanks Chris

Hi all

I brought some cranked trailing arms can anyone tell me what the torque settings are for the big 30 mm nut which goes though the chasis and the setting for the smaller nut which goes through the bush on the axle.

Many thanks Chris

Hi Chris, the manual lists both the large 30mm nut and the axle bolt at the same torque i.e. 176 Nm, 130 ftlb. The axle bolt to be fully tightened when in the laden static position.

Regards John.

Well, the nut goes on until it's at the end of the thread, and is therefore screwed against the larger diameter part of the bar.

I will not go any further wether you put 70 or 200 130 lbf on it. As its a nylock nut anyway you just have to make sure that the nut is on to the end.

No need for any torque measurements in my opinion.

Just done it last weekend, pulled it tight and then as tight as possible. thats it.

• Like 1