water leak

audiman

well went to nottingham last night and picked up an alloy boot floor bought off ebay am going to pop rivet it in place (see other post on boot rot)

anyway on way back disco stalled at a roundabout thought I had run out of gas so switched it to petrol and away I went again at next roundabout died again but now smoke coming out of bonnet expansion tank was empty anyway managed to limp it to a garage and fill it with water and bought some spare let engine cool and ran for about 15 mins had to pull and top up again then out of water so rang me mate who got me some more water and got the disco home anyway there are 2 metal pipes that run along the top of the right hand rocker cover (v8 in case you were not aware) one goes into a little pipe that connects to the top of the righthand head this is pipe which is split and will get a replacement tonight the other pipe seems to go down to the block both pipes seem to be badly corroded was wondering if these pipes are a part that can be bought easily and if anyone has the part numbers for them?

think the water was hitting the electrics which was causing it to die

regards

Lee :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

ordered a set of pipes from local lr specliast rang today to collect and they are no longer available been supceded by a single pipe and looks like you hve to make up the rest of the connections with rubber so decided not to get it

doh bit of a pain

cheers

Lee

Have you a breaker near you that does Disco parts? We have a good one up here near me. Does mail order. Charles Bennison - may be able to help you. (01609 775133/07779666634 or c.bennison4x4@btconnect.com)

Not surprised electrics died, the steam gets everywhere....................

Hope it gets fixed without too much pain