smelly v8 1988 3.5 with lpg

Hello All.

I seem to have an odd stench from the engine bay. :unsure: This only happens when I have left the v8 for few days. :blink: Smells like a pile of slugs stuck boiling away. :ph34r: Or rubber rotting or festering. No problem with the engine just that smell. Any clues :( Also on another note the gearbox lt85 drain plug seems to have sprung a leak i have tighten the darn thing but still drips. I had a look for part number but couldn't find one in the latest part book. :o

LPG leak somewhere? If its like mine you can have quite a large amount of gas between the tank and vap just sitting in the pipeline. Assuming tank solenoid does close off so you are not seeing a drop in tank levels you could have a leak somewhere further forward.

And i thought ATF smelt ok- its the EP90 in the axles/hubs/transfer box that smells bad. Wouldnt say it was like boiled slugs though... And if it was EP i would kind of expect it to smell strongest just after a run, when everything is hot and oily...

LPG leak somewhere? If its like mine you can have quite a large amount of gas between the tank and vap just sitting in the pipeline. Assuming tank solenoid does close off so you are not seeing a drop in tank levels you could have a leak somewhere further forward.

And i thought ATF smelt ok- its the EP90 in the axles/hubs/transfer box that smells bad. Wouldnt say it was like boiled slugs though... And if it was EP i would kind of expect it to smell strongest just after a run, when everything is hot and oily...

I thought it may have been the lpg but this seems to smell when I have left the wagon for a few days. The only other way describing the smell is very similar to the brand new belts for the power steering and alternator odd rubber. As for ATF which seems to like dripping definate not that smell.

Mine had a leak once (can't remember which one) which dripped onto the exhaust. When the car was in motion it presumably vapourised, but when left standing an amount of oil would build up on the exhaust and stink or even smoke when I started the engine.

Possibility perhaps?