drum to disc

I am thinking of changing my rear drums to discs on my 1986 110 csw it has a Salisbury diff/axle. Will the parts mentioned in the technical archive apply and fit my older axle. Namely ftc 3306 x 2 caliper brkts,stc 1268 x rh caliper and stc 1269 lh caliper.

Any thoughts anyone.

Spoken to a mate, he sent me this info hope it helps i-m_so_happy.gif

yes, those brackets will fit all the older salisburies (and series 3 axles too), they bolt on using 4 of the stub axle bolts.

Like my tech article showed, he'll either need the genuine salisbury stub axles (FTC1740 £76.45 each) if he wants to use late hubs (FTC942 £81.70 EACH) and thus keep everything "factory", or he could get the early 23 spline front hubs (FRC6139 £305.65 each als5.gifals5.gif...or buy a complete axle for about £50 icon_thumbs.gif) and keep the original drum braked stubs (FRC3132 or FRC8540,not sure what the difference is), and then make the spacer thing up to move the caliper over.

Here goes

Thanks for the info, but I am having a mixed up sort of day. Trying to get my head around the options available to me

Buy an complete axle for £50ish,is that a Salisbury disc type? has any one got one out there let me know please. I thought they would be like hens teeth! It could be pricey for carriage to NI.

Or keep my drum braked stub axles and make up the spacers (6mm I think was his). Plus 2x caliper brkts ftc3306 and 2x calipers stc1268 stc1269 and 2x discs (rear 110s)I think this would be the way to go if I have got it right. :blink:

I know a 90/110 is not a Defender 90/110 and thats about it but I am learning.

The hubs at £305.65 are out of the question for sure. :ph34r:

Hi paul the plumber, your not giving much away. Was it a 110 you did the change on? How much did you pay for the axle? Was it a Salisbury type. I am over in NI so an axle would be a double pallet size. I am watching 2 on ebay. I think new calipers n pads,brackets,and discs will be the way to go for me. I have done some brake work before and I am very aware of the safety factor.