Instrument cables question

it's not a factory fitted circuit, most likely been added to solve a problem or for something else

what is connected to the right hand end of it in your picture ?

the wire colours you have noted are

green = ign feed to gauges

green/black = from fuel tank unit to gauge

white/pink = unknown

black = standard earth [ground] wire colour on LR's.

western

Thank for your replay

I do not know the correct connection of this instrument cables.

I obtained one defender instrurment panel to be used in parts in my SIII, using some instrument and emergency ligth signnals sended the defender gearbox and tranfer, Speedo, Lock possition, hand brake, high, or low ....

The origin of this defender Instrument Panel was north africa, and possible military 12V defenders. The white-pink cable outing of the electronic device is : Ignition switch to radio fuse (I supose). ¿possible Interferens radio filter?????

The protective tape and isotate construction, looks like a factory work, but i´m not shure.

by

Enrique

The protective tape and isotate construction, looks like a factory work, but i´m not shure.

Can you get a more detailed picture of the components on the circuit board, or at least tell us the numbers on the black chip towards the right? It might give us some clues :) There again :(

western

Thank for your replay

I do not know the correct connection of this instrument cables.

I obtained one defender instrurment panel to be used in parts in my SIII, using some instrument and emergency ligth signnals sended the defender gearbox and tranfer, Speedo, Lock possition, hand brake, high, or low ....

The origin of this defender Instrument Panel was north africa, and possible military 12V defenders. The white-pink cable outing of the electronic device is : Ignition switch to radio fuse (I supose). ¿possible Interferens radio filter?????

by

Enrique

as it's from a ex-military vehicle, I'm not sure what it should be doing, I can give you the correct [civilian LR] wire colour codes for the standard fit gauges for a 110 if that will help.

I've got a few dash harnesses, and a genuine PRC8410 Defender vin FA450333 to vin KA929567 has the same pack of electrickery (wire colours are green | green/black | black | white/slate).

Another harness, unlabelled, has exactly the same wires at the main connector but no little electrnics pack, and no white/slate connector.

According to my parts book white/slate goes to the low fuel warning light, for single and twin tank models. As that's the only output from the pack I guess that's what it's for, the optional low fuel warning circuit.