bit of a special exhaust

DiscoGlover

in a couple of months i will be swapping my 300tdi for a 3.5 v8i

as for my exhaust i was thinking of fitting a cherry bomb at the tail pipe(ish) putting my diesel mid box in place but no back box. but also have an exhaust cut out inplace before the mid box with a pipe that rejoins after the mid box

the cut out is a Y piece with a valve in i can opperte from inside the truck.. give it a google or a youtube if unsure

my queston is will the diesel mid box be a good idea as i want it to be legal an all but still want it to be loud an sound good. i figure the diesel mid box would be inbetween the v8 mid box and backbox in terms of sound deadening

or better to just use a back box in the middle

any help or other ideas much appreciated

You chav :P

To be honest, a V8 with anything less than a full RR system is going to sound nice anyway, in fact your suggestion sounds like it'll be loud enough without having a super-chav extra-loud-valve.

ok ill let 'those' chav remarks go :P ill have you know it provides a very nice sound as if it was a finely tuned engine instead of a lumpy ~LPG deadend V(just about)8

:P

plus its another excuse to put a big switch inside the truck :lol:

The diesel middle box is the same for a V8 and according to Janspeed a cherry bomb is a back box, a cherry bomb will change the tone but it's the mid box that sets the volume so my Janspeed mid box has increased the volume but it's not that loud. a bit like a DB9.... I wish.

post-5809-125139370592_thumb.jpg

post-5809-125139379862_thumb.jpg

Hi DiscoGlover, sorry but don't have any sound clips and computer speakers don't reproduce the exhaust sound as it is live.

As I said It's not that loud but when I start up people turn and look but as soon as the revs drop back down then there's the distintive V8 burble when ticking over, inside it's a distant hum at the rear when accelerating.

For the sound it's 100% better than the standard system and being stainless it's fit and forget hopefully.