De catt down pipe and MOT.

kingdong2

hello ive got a n plate disco been through 3 mot passed no probs a diesel as far as i know does not have to have a cat thay only do a smoke test ive also got no rear box just a straight through piece of pipe no probs with the mot,chris.

I hate to this, Karlo but - Rubbish! That's an urban myth. Its a single stage catalytic convertor - particlate filters are not nor have they ever been fitted to any production landrover - they require complicated monitoring and soot burning systems involving ignitors and fuel supplies - none of which is fitted to any LR exhaust. When the 300Tdi came out particulate filter systems were in their infancy and were even too expensive/unreliable to fit to large commercial vehicles, let an already basic 4X4. Although the technology is now more common-place (i.e. the latest Pugeot diesels are often fitted with them along with a smattering of other major manufacturers), its still not very widespread and its definately NOT fitted to 300 TDi discos............

However, the gist of it is right - the smoke test checks opacity/density and not chemical composition which is what a cat changes meaning that taking off the cat leaves no testable evidence behind.........

I hate to this, Karlo but - Rubbish! That's an urban myth. Its a single stage catalytic convertor - particlate filters are not nor have they ever been fitted to any production landrover - they require complicated monitoring and soot burning systems involving ignitors and fuel supplies - none of which is fitted to any LR exhaust. When the 300Tdi came out particulate filter systems were in their infancy and were even too expensive/unreliable to fit to large commercial vehicles, let an already basic 4X4. Although the technology is now more common-place (i.e. the latest Pugeot diesels are often fitted with them along with a smattering of other major manufacturers), its still not very widespread and its definately NOT fitted to 300 TDi discos............

However, the gist of it is right - the smoke test checks opacity/density and not chemical composition which is what a cat changes meaning that taking off the cat leaves no testable evidence behind.........

I stand corrected e5002373.gife10472.gif