D2 TD5 off road goodies ?

sweety

Hi guy's :) I was wondering if there is much in the way of the above for the D2 TD5. Hopefully I shall be getting one in the next couple of weeks & would like to make it a bit more off road friendly :D Main thing I think i'll be looking for is a 2" lift (will have to go to springs from bags I think) & some sort of under body protection like diff gaurds, steering gaurds, & better recovery points. Next up will be a snorkel & wading breather kit for the axles & boxes. Are these things available ? sorry if this sounds a silly Q just that i've never owned a landy before so not sure whats out there for the above model.

Cheers for any info

Neil

funny you should ask that! Ive just bought one and am currently looking for goodies! from my research I have found that a D2 2"lift is the same as all other land rovers apparently, so that should be easy to get, except if youve got one with air suspension youll have to get a conversion kit for the back springs. Diff guards are the same as all other LR models so theyre easy too, theres a steering guard for sale on ebay for 79.99 which looks pretty good. As for recovery points I havent found anything on this yet! and snorkels are available through just about everyone really, safari and mantec (and i think southdown) do snorkels for discovery 2's now! check out M and M 4x4 as theyve just started introducing stuff for D2s, such as a lovely front winch bumper. and and 4x4s R Us (or something like that) have just brought out a load of stuff for D2s, such as bumper, rock sliders etc.

hope this helps!!!

The d2 front springs are not flat on the bottom coil, the 2" lift britpart do accomodates this by keeping the last coil a full bar. How much difference this would make if you fitted normal springs i'm not sure.

Fitting the kit to a V reg td5 already on coils was a nice job and took me 4 hours from start to finish.

Had to disconnect the front ARB, move the header tank(clips out) and front prop aswell as the rear brake line brackets.

• 2 months later...

Going to get a front diff gaurd soon so thanks for the info Jimbo-TD5 as I was wondering if they were the same. Anyway I would like to be able to use a Hi-Lift jack if I can on the D2. I'm sure I saw a pic a few years ago of one that bolted onto the tow bar & wondered if anyone knew where I could poss get one from :rolleyes: i've also came across these http://home.halden.net/discovery/pics/jackmate.jpg (just a pic)& was wondering if they would poss fit a D2 as i've been told that they fit onto a D1. I'm also wondering if you can get rock/tree sliders yet for the D2

Actually I was wrong about the diff guards, they may look the same but the D2 is slightly different, I know this because I stole the ones off my defender to try on before I bought them and they didnt go on :( the pan is slightly larger!

It wasnt a great deal bigger, I suppose with a bit of heat and a bigger hammer they might have gone but the lip of the pan seemed smaller, less for them to grab on to?? plus I wanted them to fit my defender again so didnt want to batter them!!