modular rim valve size

landkeeper

They should be TR13 valve stems same as normal car ones that is what I put in mine. Somebody may have drilled the rims out to take fat valve tubes in which case it might be TR15 but it might also be whatever drill they had lying around at the time...

as bm said it could of been drilled out to an odd size there are various agri valves which bolt in place also you might be able to use an alloy wheel valve run it to your local tyre garage and see what thay have ,chris.

ok .!looks like that's whats happened :blink: i never really looked when i took the tyres off that was ages ago and i gave them to a mate who powder coated them for me .i have tr414 valves they are too small for these rims but are a perfect fit for a brand new modular rim :angry:

so tractor valves or tubes i guess mind you some of those might be a better bet than car valves for offroad anyways

Alloys are normally all TR13s too - the only rims I have seen which aren't are the old tube-type Defender 5.5x16 steels which have a TR15 hole in for a fat-valve 7.50R16TR15 tube i.e. what you would find an Avon Rangemaster fitted on from a Defender built in the mid 90s for example.

Bolt-in tractor or truck valves would be your best bet IMHO.

It may be worth drilling them out to the larger size, so that if you have a puncture in the field and decide to fit a tube, you dont have to spend the best part of an hour with a round file to make it fit. Ask me how I know...

Daan