90 to 110?

Hi guys,

I have just been offered galvanized 110 chassis.(my present one isn't and it aint that good!)

But can I transfer my 90 bits onto it, are there any unique parts to them both that will not transfer.I fancy doing a four door and pick up back,any thoughts?

AND what are the legalities of it.ie DVLA etc etc.

My 90 is an 86 NA 2.5 diesel truck cab. Don't know what the 110 is or was.

Any help appreciated. thanks.

You would lose your 90's identity as the new chassis is not a direct replacement like-for-like for the old one. If the 110 chassis is new it will have no identity and so you'd have to get the vehicle an IVA and get a Q plate like a kit-car, if it's a pre-used chassis then you will have to adopt the identity it previously had (so the VIN, V5 etc for the old 110 vehicle) and then most likely still need an IVA etc because you wouldn't have enough parts of the initial 110 to qualify it as that vehicle.

On the physical fitting side of things, I'd imagine a lot of the front end stuff would fit, forward of the bulkhead, but you'd have interesting gaps further back.

In summary it sounds like more trouble than it's worth if I'm honest.

On the physical fitting side of things, I'd imagine a lot of the front end stuff would fit, forward of the bulkhead, but you'd have interesting gaps further back.

All the things that are longer / different on a 110!

Roof

Sides

Roof seals

Rear tub

Rear propshaft

Wiring loom

Brake line

Rear springs (but possibly not)

Also, shouldn't the front steering arms be a different angle to get the Ackerman bit to work properly, or did this never bother LR?

Anyway, why not find a donor 110 and fit the 110 body and 90 engine (or any engine) to the new chassis, then (I think) you'd keep the 110's identity?

In short, you can't 'convert' a 90 to a 110. whatever you do, you will end up with a different vehicle, either a 'new' vehicle through the IVA etc, or an original 110 identity.

Further, if you transfer your drive-train (rear axle and prop would be no good) from the 90 to the 110, you risk invalidating the identity of the 110 (via the points system), and need to at least have that checked.

It'd make much more sense to just build a 110, either from scratch or from a donor 110, and keep your 90 as-is. That way you'll end up with two complete vehicles, rather than two piles of bits.

see DVLA site here