Discovery storage pods?

Boro

I was browsing ebay and came across these for a disco 2 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/discovery-2-rear-storage-pods_W0QQitemZ160362451598QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item255658d28e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 does anyone know whether something similar is available for the late discovery 1 to replace the rear seats? be handy to have to stash away the bits and bobs currently rolling round the back and i never use the rear fold down seats anyway

Hmmm so hard to come by, my other idea was to bin the rear door card (falling apart anyway) in favour of an alloy plate card and to either make or purchase a small storage box to attach to the door card, doesnt have to hold anything particularly weighty just house the few bits and bobs that are in the boot, does anyone know of somewhere that does alloy rear door cards and storage boxes?

I have twin plastic bins on there like that at the moment (apart from on the standard card) but the pods have seen better days as the previous owner had overloaded them, what i was thinking was a chequer plate door card with a chequer plate bin on it, say a bin the full width of the door, 4 inches with by 6 inches high, as long as i dont stick anything really heavy in it the door should manage it fine imo, i just wondered whether someone did something off the shelf

i've got one of the trim panels on each side instead of seats: very useful they are 2. The unfortunately seem to be very rare and i got a spare of ebay this year to replace one that had cracked.

Mine too had cracked on both covers. To stop the crack getting any bigger I drilled a small hole at the beginning of it. I then glued some 3mm ply to the inside of the covers. This has made the covers very strong and still flexible enough if they need to be removed.

Adrian

Mobile Storage systems have introduced an aluminium version of the Disco I rear side storage paniers (storage Pods). They are really neat and come with or without locks.

I don't know if they have pictures on the website but if not I took some snaps of them at Newark if you want.

I lost my side storage pods when I fitted my stereo system but have still managed keep everything I need for recovery, camping etc. Even my waffles are located underneath the fridge slide for quick extraction.

Clever use of space and different sized Quick Fists on the rear door hold everything in place without rattles etc. Velcro straps keep my recovery ropes in place on top of the Sub Woofer cabinet.

This is a very cheap and effective solution to staorage and it works well with what I do here on the camping and motorsport scene.

S

post-264-125411858954_thumb.jpg

post-264-125411866542_thumb.jpg

• 6 years later...