Winch Bumper

OK doke, the 90 is about to get a new lease of life and I need a winch bumper for it (for a low line winch, not an 8274). Dont like tubular bumpers as a general rule, so looking for something stock-looking but that doesnt stick out 3 feet from the front of the motor (i.e. close fitting/slighty recessed..)

So, can anyone point me in the right direction or show me some inspiration?

Ross

OK doke, the 90 is about to get a new lease of life and I need a winch bumper for it (for a low line winch, not an 8274). Dont like tubular bumpers as a general rule, so looking for something stock-looking but that doesnt stick out 3 feet from the front of the motor (i.e. close fitting/slighty recessed..)

So, can anyone point me in the right direction or show me some inspiration?

Ross

I'm in exactly the same situation, don't want something that (in my opinion) looks like its made from recycled lamp posts on the front of my landy, but dont want too much of a reduction in aproach angle. The Mantec or Britpart bumpers for the smaller winches (9 / 9.5) look good. This may help:

Non Tubular winch bumper

Hi everyone, i am from Singapore.

I just installed a ramsey 9500 on my landy and its a huge mishap!!!

The workshop used the stock bumper and mount the winch on a customized winch tray then weld the tray to the bumper. The entire bumper is then bolted to the chassis. The thing is there is quite a gap from the bumper to the vehicle.

The link are the pics:

Winch Top

Distance from Side

Distance from angle

Now i have several concerns regarding this setup. Pls help to advice if you can, appreciate your kind help.

1) When winching, will the stress to the chassis be huge? Since its like resting on the chassis, i am afraid of structural integrity and worst still the entire thing tearing off!!!

2) Any winching angle i need to avoid?

Thanks for any replies.

1) When winching, will the stress to the chassis be huge? Since its like resting on the chassis, i am afraid of structural integrity and worst still the entire thing tearing off!!!

2) Any winching angle i need to avoid?

Thanks for any replies.

Sorry, but we need better pictures to make any sort of evaluation of the design. I cannot see a thing in those pictures.

Its not a defender,but - I went for devon style tapered bumper.I thought about a high mount bumper,but it didn't look right on a classic vehicle.There is a strong trend at the moment for ugly competition vehicles - in this case I chose style over function.

med_gallery_1618_185_267271.jpg