How high?

Anglo-Frenchman

Hi Folks,

Been a while since I've been here. Moved to NZ end of last year and been off the Rover scene while stuck in a Subaru. Looking to buy a Disco again and would appreciate some help. The company car park where I work has a height restriction of 1.9m. Can I get a standard Disco under the bar without leaving paintwork or metal behind?

Same as Anglo-French-NewZealander-man you didn't say for which Disco. 1, 2, 3, 4? I do know but maybe he doesn't.

Disco 1.1 (a.k.a 200 series): 1918 mm tdi, 1928 mm V8

Disco 1.2 (aka 300 series) without roof rails: 1914 mm according to workshop manual, 1928 mm acc to owners manual

Disco 2: 1940 mm no roof rails

etc.

If you're interested in D3/4 (actually for all the versions except 200 series) you can find the data in the owners manuals available on LR website. Direct link: http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com

The values are guidelines anyway. The actual value depends on engine, accessories, version, suspension type (you might get away with air suspension and deflate it to get under 1.9 m), tyres etc etc.