winch on the 90 were to run the cables

i just brought one of those winch solutions winch bumper nice strong bumper but does nothing for my approagh angle but that another story because im getting some 33s soon i brought the cable extensions to get to the battery but im wondering were shall i run the cables to get to the battery under the seat am i being stupid but ive never seen it done on a land rover any suggestions please

Both of my defenders have had the cables fitted down the chassis leg.

As cookieMonster said, are you fitting a cut out switch? Most defneders I have seen have this fitted to the front of the seat box.

You really should have one fitted because if the winch was in use and the solenoid stuck, you would have no way of stopping the winch.

Its very easy to do but make sure the cables are not rubbing on anything sharp!

I fit a full heavy-duty cut-off on the passenger footwell side of the battery box. It's a lot of amps to have running around, willy-nilly. Could save a fire, or someone getting caught when a stray remote sets your winch off and running...

I sleeved the entire length of my cables with 7/8" ID heater hose. should take a while for that to rub through plus they are cable tied in place along their path. and I even put a heat wrap sleeve where it passes within a few inches of the tdi downpipe.