Fitting out a galvanised chassis

I'm about to start adding brake pipes, fuel pipes, wiring looms etc... to a galvanised chassis. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best fittings to use and how to attach them to the chassis ?

I have 3 fuel pipes to run the length of the chassis (2 petrol EFi rubber, 1 LPG rubber coated copper), a brake pipe and the main loom to the rear.

I'm thinking of using P clips attached with hex head self tappers, painting over them with a zinc rich paint. For brake pipes again either p clips or those plastic snap in connectors.

Whilst I'm at it, any galvanic corrosion experts out there that can suggest the best way of isolating the body panels from the various steel fittings that will be attached to it ? I've got a full set of stainless bolts/nuts which I realise can be worse than normal steel for galvanic corrosion...

Not that it answers your query, but wouldnt you be better using nylon/copper fuel lines with rubber connections at each end, rather than running rubber lines the whole length of the car...

TBH I was thinking about using the plastic coated copper pipe that the LPG system uses and, as you say, using a short length of rubber pipe at each end. The LPG pipe is rated to a pressure easily high enough for EFi and it would be a lot neater running 3 lengths of that along the chassis. I decided that I'd be adding 4 extra connections into the system doing it this way so discounted it in the end but as I haven't bought either yet I'm still open to suggestion. There's little difference in price per meter of the two pipes.

i'd be tempted to fit all the pipes using the little plastic screw plugs

http://www.component-force.co.uk/en/category/82/barbed-fir-tree-plugs

and plastic P clips

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=954%3futm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping

that way no metal or screws will be in contact with any of the chassis. Although not entirely sure if this is entirely legal for retaining pipe clips...

I'd just have thaught it would be a little more rugged/sturdy...

I've never seen an OE EFI vehicle with rubber front to back, older cars (ie < 90's) used steel lines with rubber ends swaged on for engine bay/tank connections, and newer ones tend to use nylon as it doesnt rot.

hi,

I have just done a rebuild onto a Galvy chassis. Brake pipes were held in place by the proper fuel clips you can buy from and landrover parts stockist. Perhaps they would fit your brake pipes too as they are quite flexible. With the loom, I re did the whole length with insulation tape and then I enclosed it in a long length of the cable tidy like this (http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-5905.aspx). This allows you to pull the wires out to the fuel tank etc but it quite tough stuff. I then cable tied it to the top of the chassis rails. I wouldn't advice you to route through chassis leg as the galvy inside will cut loom to bits. The MOT chap, was more than happy with my method.

Hope this helps

Dave:)