Retrofitting heated windscreen

Jimbo-TD5

Hi all, having my windscreen replaced on the insurance tomorrow and Ive specified that its heated. Ive been told all i need to do is buy a switch as all the wirings there already. Is this true?? has anyone done this that has a guide to doing it?? taa :)

I'm not sure if the wires are there, but on mine Td5 with heated screen there are two connectors placed in each end on the bay just rear of the engine bay, just below the ventilation air intake. You'll clearly see it when you open the hood. If the empty connectors are there or not.

I'm not sure if the wires are there, but on mine with heated screen there are two connectors placed in each end on the bay just rear of the engine bay, you'll clearly see if the empty connectors are there or not when you open the hood.

As as above, above, there is a connector socket at the lower ends of the windscreen. The wiring the existing on the later D1's so I expect thats so with the D2, you will require a master switch, fuse, two relays as there are two elements (left and right) and as it's a D2 you will need to tell it that it has a heated windscreen now, so u need someone with Testbook or similar. Job done

wiring should be there.

most of the wiring for the ES top spec discos should be in place on the lower spec versions.

reminds me, i must find out why the connector for the drivers side heated screen let all its smoke out and went black and melty :blink:

I'm also in the proccess of retro fitting a heated windscreen to my TD5. The wireing is there beneath the windscreen, so I've fitted the switch in the dash (its wireing is there also) and put in the relay, now got to sort out the fuseing.

The switch and relay cost about £15 for the pair from Hunters. Going to have to wait until the weekend before I do anything else.

Paul

I'm also in the proccess of retro fitting a heated windscreen to my TD5. The wireing is there beneath the windscreen, so I've fitted the switch in the dash (its wireing is there also) and put in the relay, now got to sort out the fuseing.

The switch and relay cost about £15 for the pair from Hunters. Going to have to wait until the weekend before I do anything else.

Paul

Hi,

I've just retro fittd a heated screen to my sandbags '04 Pursuit. The wiring, relay and fuse links were already there. All we needed was the switch. (Good job, as the fuselinks are "special" and cost a fortune.)

The BCU (Body Control Unit) need to be told that a heated windscreen is fitted so it can interface the climate control system to the screens. (Selecting "demist" automatically switches on both screens).

My G4 already has HRW and HFS so I had a crosscheck to work from.

Regards

Scrumps

Hi,

I've just retro fittd a heated screen to my sandbags '04 Pursuit. The wiring, relay and fuse links were already there. All we needed was the switch. (Good job, as the fuselinks are "special" and cost a fortune.)

The BCU (Body Control Unit) need to be told that a heated windscreen is fitted so it can interface the climate control system to the screens. (Selecting "demist" automatically switches on both screens).

My G4 already has HRW and HFS so I had a crosscheck to work from.

Regards

Scrumps

Thanks for the info. a mates just ordered a nanocom, so this could a trial for it. hope to get new windscreen fitted end of Nov.

Got road tax and xmas prezzys to sort first.

Thanks again,

Paul