90 CV joints

had the same problem but with a 200tdi D90 and a 200tdi discovery axle.

The internals are different but the whole axle fits, the only difference is that the mounts of the radius arms are bigger on the disco axle so I had to change the bolts and use some spacers.

You also need to use the defender brake pipes, from the calipers up.

Its too early to think of technical questions......to use the disco axle internals you will need to change the half shaft, cv joint, stub axle, hub and maybe the disc/caliper too. :blink:

K88MUD

so will the disco axle fit straight onto the 90?

i will not be able to get a look at either axles until next week, i am just doing my homework to see what would be the cheapest solution for him, again thanks for the info

CV joints are in region of £25 each, and take approxiametly 2hours each to change, why do want to be swapping axles??

ejparrott

he has just broken them, i have not yet seen what is broken, i think its the cv joint, but might also be the halfshafts

as stated just doing my home work so i can help him when i get back, if its just the one cv then clearly a new one is the cheapest option. as i had a spare axle i was just checking if it would be quicker for me to change as i do all his work, and at no cost to my mate................ many thanks