Intermittant D2 Central Locking Problem

Divster

Fr some reason my D2 has developed a bit of a problem in the last day or two. After a run out I go to lock the car using the plipper. The horn sounds (as if I've left a door open) and refuses to lock. When this normally happens (I leave the back door open for the dogs on hot days)using the key in the drivers door barrel will lock all doors but de-activate the motion sensors inside. However, at the moment only the drivers door will lock. I've checked that all of the doors and bonnet are shut. The central locking fuse is OK. A new battery has recently been put into the plipper. The fault is intermitant as I returned to the car an hour later and it would lock and unlok without issue, however after another short run out the same problem was evident. Any suggestions?

Fr some reason my D2 has developed a bit of a problem in the last day or two. After a run out I go to lock the car using the plipper. The horn sounds (as if I've left a door open) and refuses to lock. When this normally happens (I leave the back door open for the dogs on hot days)using the key in the drivers door barrel will lock all doors but de-activate the motion sensors inside. However, at the moment only the drivers door will lock. I've checked that all of the doors and bonnet are shut. The central locking fuse is OK. A new battery has recently been put into the plipper. The fault is intermitant as I returned to the car an hour later and it would lock and unlok without issue, however after another short run out the same problem was evident. Any suggestions?

This may be too easy but check your door switches, the driver's door in particular tends to break off the wire from the end of switch.....

You will need a Testbook/IDS or similar. I don't know which of the toy computers will do it, I suspect a Nanocom won't, but the more advanced ones like Autologic almost certainly do, no experience of any of them.

yes nanocom will i have done it you need to reprogram the key codes the emergency acess code the speedo milage and then you need learn security settings for the engine ecu and i bet there is some thing ive missed