relocating washer bottle d2

Jimbo-TD5

Surely a trip to the scrap yard with the dimensions will sort you out with a quick fix. If necessary you can buy a universal pump from VWP or Halfords and wire it to the existing loom and knock up a quick bracket to mount it...

I have heard of setups utilising 'soft' water bottles (like in a camel pack) with the pump positioned in-line in order to get into tighter spaces...

You can buy all-in-one bottles and pumps deisgn for rally cars etc. from places like Demon Tweeks. They might be too small capacity to be used sensibly on a Landrover, but 2 units mounted in different locations could fit the bill. I would imagine you could fit one in the jack box and one on the left hand side, depending on whether you have air con, ACE or TC.

You can use your existing washer bottle by mounting it on the bulkhead in front of where the passenger sits.

Some holes require drilling in the metalwork of the car and the neck of the washer bottle needs to be shortened quite a bit but the bottle itself remains as is (if I remember correctly as it is a long time ago since I moved mine).

My car has ABS and ACE but there is room for the bottle. Remove it from the front of the car, empty it out and see where it sits nicely. You may have to put some split rubber radiator type hose on various pipes where the bottle rests on it's underside to protect it from wear and tear. I made up a basic heat shield to protect it from the heat of the turbo and a brace/bracket on that side to act as a prop/brace. The electrical wires are long enough to be re-routed from their existing location to this new site.

Peter.

thanks for all the help guys, i think ill try and relocate it to by the turbo as wingnut said. If not I have seen a few cars with the pump fitted inline and a lucozade bottle holding the water, this was done on stripped out cars to save weight!

once again, thanks for all the help!!!!