Calling all divers

I'm looking for ideas on how to configure my Defender to carry five divers using doubles and stages.

Specifically I'm looking for ideas on racks, tie downs, accessibility and the ability to give the interior a serious hosing on a weekly basis.

I know its a vague question but I'm looking for some creative ideas. Photos would be brilliant.

TIA

Olly

• 1 month later...

a load guard behind the 2nd row of seats would be a good place to start [if it's a station wagon]

then a false floor across the wheel arches, then you'll have 2 levels to load on.

Sorry for the late reply, some how I didn't subscribe to my own post :unsure:

Yep that's a good start but I was wondering if anyone had come up with "designer brackets" and easy / clever ways of stashing the tanks.

Can you post a picture of the equipment?

Im thinking that (height permitting) you want a frame inside each side to hang the bottles vertically. Im imagining 2 on the left, 2 on the right, and one on a 'dog guard'. It'd obscure your rear-view mirror though...This would leave you all the space in the bottom of the tub free for other stuff...like sandwiches...

Does it matter whether the bottles are transported/stored vertical or horizontal? I have to ensure that acetylene remains vertical for a minimum of an hour before use...

If you manage to find a way, please post pictures. I'm a diver myself and have the same dilemma. I usually carry my own kit only but there have been some occasions when I carried the kit of three or four others. Cramming it all into a 90 is a nightmare.