Psi loss...............

Gremlin

Hi everybody, I have a simple question, in regards to boost pressures. I have just completed the rebuild on my tdi powered 109, before the rebuild i ran a 200 intercooler, and boost was 15psi. Now i have a td5 intercooler with a bit of longer pipework, and boost is down to 13psi. All the other variables are the same, the engine was untouched, just the exhaust was re routed slightly.

So where have i lost my 2 psi?? meausurements have been taken at the turbo and at the inlet manifold, still 2 psi.

Intercooler losses?? turbo?? a bit of a head scratcher to be honest, unless my gauge started under reading by 2psi from start to end of rebuild!!

Ideas?? theories??

Cheers

Grem

Its probably pressure drop over the intercooler and pipework

The turbo senses boost at the compressor housing, rather than the inlet manifold.

If you remove the Boost sense line from the compressor housing, and route it to the inlet manifold instead, then see if you get you're extra psi's back.