6-speed gearbox for RRC?

elbekko

I was wondering if there are any drop-in 6-speed gearboxes available for a 300TDi RRC with a BW tranfer box? When cruising on the highway I often feel I could do with that extra gear.

I've tried searching, but haven't found anything.

Preferably approximately the same ratios as the standard R380, but with an extra gear added.

I was wondering if there are any drop-in 6-speed gearboxes available for a 300TDi RRC with a BW tranfer box? When cruising on the highway I often feel I could do with that extra gear.

I've tried searching, but haven't found anything.

Preferably approximately the same ratios as the standard R380, but with an extra gear added.

I'm not sure but my 1980 classic had a Fairy Over Drive which gave it the extra gear..not sure if it can be fitted to your vehicle but there are more knowledgeable people on this site who might be able to comment.

It's an original 300Tdi. I don't really want to get rid of the BW, as I find it works very well.

Changing the diff ratios would affect off-road performance, which is good as it is.

Tyres have gone from 205/80R16 to 245/70R16, which is about the maximum I can fit without a lift kit etc, for which I see no need currently.

It's perfectly fine as it is, but when cruising on the highway I feel like I either need a different 5th or a 6th gear. Currently it does about 120kph at 2500rpm, but I feel cruising would be much more comfortable (and better for fuel economy at that) around 2000rpm. (And no, slowing down is not an option :ph34r: )