Canadian obstakles

santalars

Currently I'm seriously considering a relocation to Canada (Edmonton or elsewhere in Alberta).

In case that this becomes reality would there be huge issues or costs involved by improting the 90?

Would it make more sense to look for a Landy in Canada or are parts hard to get / expensive?

Probably it would be most sensitive to get a more locally built vehicle there.?

As I know that there are some Canadians reading this forum I would much appreciate your opinions.

Thanks

Lars

If you want the vehicle to stay here, it must be more than 15 years old. Beyond that, it is easy to bring one in. As a personal import, when moving, you are exempt from tax and duty. It is worth bringing your own as they are quite rare here. Parts....we can get anything cheap (as cheap as anyone in the UK) but shipping has to be added.... Large items are the only problem due to the shipping, but containers tend to come over once or twice a year.

Any particular reason for Edmonton? Nothing against the place, but if you had a choice, it would not be number 1.

Shi*, mine only has 14 years on the clock. So that rules that out. I think my father and brothers would enjoy driving it for a while then.

My Company has offices in Edmonton and Winnipeg. That's the reason for the location.

I have to say that I found out that you guys are dealing with 10 to 15 days holidays only. That's definitely a downer. I will have to see if I can get unpaid leave.

Thanks for the replies.

I bought a van for a mate in canada and shipped it over with no problems.

As you already know the age was an issue.

I had to fill in a bill of sale in order for him to receive it that side.

I cleaned it thoroughly, and when i got it, he had to pay to get it cleaned again.....So they want them 101% spotless !

Otherwise no problems :)

Gordon

I have to say that I found out that you guys are dealing with 10 to 15 days holidays only. That's definitely a downer. I will have to see if I can get unpaid leave.

It is usually negotiable. 20 days is what I get. The 10 to 15 is the government minimum requirement. I know in Germany you get half the year off, so it is quite a setback.....

The LR club is quite active in Edmonton, so that is a plus.... Most of them hang out here: http://www.landroveraddict.com/smf/index.php?board=3.0