Is this kosher ????

Mouse

Hi all

This is my first post here so please be gentle with me :) .

My mrs has just been and picked up a clutch kit for my 200tdi Disco and i am a bit concerned that what i have got and what i have paid for are not the same, it is supposed to be a valeo kit but the box (valio) seem to be a bit shabby (looks used) and there is no makers name on the parts at all, is this normal ???, also when i first rang the firm was told to start with that they did not stock valeo but offerd me some other makes that i did not recorgnise or want and i said no thanks, a differnt person rang me back 15 mins later and said that the first person did not look properly and they had what i wanted and at a good price, i'm now begining to wonder, what is your opinnion.

Thank you

Mouse.

My opinion is that you've been had. I am 99% certain that genuine Valeo clutches will say Valeo at least on the friction plate - IIRC it is printed on the centre and also on the friction material in a sort of faint white paint.

Box is probably from a skip and most likely contains a clutch that should be put back there....

All allegedly of course :ph34r:

Genuine Valeo clutch from a sealed box, Valeo on the friction lining, and less clearly from the photo, Valeo stamped into the metal centre just inside the spring that is at the 8 o'clock position in the photo.

Time to be an outraged customer I think :rtfm:

Sorry about the carpet, wasn't my choice :unsure:

post-33-125959802184_thumb.jpg

yep - genuine valeo clutches will have valeo on them in white paint, both on the cover and the friction plate - usually on the friction material itself.

99% of new clutches (not including LUK or National/Ferodo) are also shrink wrapped together in the box and stuck to the box.

Thanks for the replys chaps :) .

looks like i will be going up there tomorow for a "chat" :angry: .

just out of curiousaty BogMonster do you take photos of all the parts you buy before you fit them or am i missing something ?????.

Mouse.

Thanks for advice chaps, went back today with clutch and also a print out of of sale of goods act that i found on this site, got refund and also told not to come back, said i would'nt but traiding standerds probley would ( after i'd got my money ) :P .

Mouse.

Thanks for advice chaps, went back today with clutch and also a print out of of sale of goods act that i found on this site, got refund and also told not to come back, said i would'nt but traiding standerds probley would ( after i'd got my money ) :P .

Mouse.

Well done you!

However - who should the rest of us avoid?

We're generally not reticent about identifying bad service/quality here and if this has been your experience, then I for one don't want to use them........................... :(