Help With My Gutless Disco

Banjo

Hi, I have two 300tdi's, one fires along sweet goes real well the other is gutless and carp. I've turned the fuel up but cannot get it to smoke (ie make power) for some reason its not getting enough fuel, now ive swapped injectors, ive checked all waste-gate pipes and inlet and boost pipes, the diaphragms been swapped, ive changed the filters and even run it up the road with a gery can for a fuel tank to eliminate the tank and nothings working. I've changed the lift pump but it still wont pull past 3k and its very slow and doesn't smoke ever, it starts on the button and is normal to drive just vv slow! Help! What are the symptoms of timing being out? Any other ideas? cheers

Banj

imo, its a fuel problem somwhere along the fuel line.

when you rev hard it from tick over and then let your foot off the pedal does it seem as though its about to stall?

if so check all the fuel lines and connections for leaks, theres a bowl filter on the chassis, these rot, get perforated and allow air into the system. this can also happen at the tank on the sender unit. wire brush all metal pipes and check for pitting, if it is pitted/rotten the chances are thats your problem.

Have now flushed the intercooler out and checked everything its def not enough fuel, have checked the sender area pipes and drained the sedimentor jobber, do I have to take that off or is draining it enough? Any more ideas?

thanks for not helping me

Perhaps nobody knew the definite answer (I have been around Tdi engines for 13 years and have never heard of springs in a pump breaking, nor have I ever tried to fit a 200 pump to a 300) but with a reply like that, more 'not help' is probably guaranteed :unsure: