Heated Seats

PoguesTD5

Hi,

I have a '99 TD5 with 167000 on the clock. I have noticed that the drivers heated seat switch light comes on but the seat doesn't warm up. Is this a faulty relay or more likely a seat fault? The rest of the electrics work on the seat.

I think its a similar thing with the front screen too.

Any advice would be great.

Top site!!

Hi,

I have a '99 TD5 with 167000 on the clock. I have noticed that the drivers heated seat switch light comes on but the seat doesn't warm up. Is this a faulty relay or more likely a seat fault? The rest of the electrics work on the seat.

I think its a similar thing with the front screen too.

Any advice would be great.

Top site!!

I have exactly the same problem, drivers seat and windsreen, havent had a look yet as I need to buy a tester, but would be interested to hear if you find the fault.

Steve

The heated seat fault is a dodgey connector in to a black relay box under the seat, fiddled about and it started clicking as I operated the switch.

Haven't found the fault with the screen yet, but there's power to the connectors either side and a good earth on both sides so I'm guessing the screen, but would have though one side would have failed an not both, but who knows.

Are there any connectors onto the screen under the plastic scuttle panel where the wipers fit?

Cheers

Pogo