TD5 smelly Heater when on fan

bombx3

I just got a Td5 for work use and its previous owner was mad on dogs so it stinks,But it was cheap so i power washed it out and now its real good but when i put the blower on it stinks of dog ..Is there a filter or some way to clean it even thought about pouring cleaning fluid down the windscreen vents :blink:

No filter in a Defender heater system, take the wingtop vent off & make sure the air intake is clear & clean, wouldn't pour anything down the screen demist vents simply because when you operate the heater to max blow, you'll end up wearing whatever got poured down the vents.

I remember an old 'revenge' trick was to put prawns or similarly stinky stuff into the external air vents of a car. It would stink and be a real pain to clean out.

Another was to put fishing maggots in the vents....

Just thought I'd mention it in case the previous owner upset someone.

There was a chap, when I was at college who bought a Porsche to impress the girls. One girl he picked up at a club vomitted into the dash vents as he showed off the handling. He had to sell the car as he couldn't get the smell out.

I had a similar problem on my RRC - initially thought i had a leak in the matrix but after a while it went away - keep running it on max heat for a while and it should dissipate - assuming your engine runs up to a nice warm temperature that is?

yes the heater does get very warm or quite hot but i have been doing that for about 2 weeks and its only a little better