Rear Brake Squeal

Hi

I have a 1994 110 defender 300tdi

The rear brakes squeal despite me replacing the disks and new pads.

I have tried filing off the edge of the pads an adding more copper grease to the rear of the pads

If i brake hard a few times the brakes stop squealing for a short while but then it returns. i find that the disks seem to squeal more when they are warm. However they do not squeal when i brake going around corners.

The pads are locked in place by the usual pins with a split pin running through

Anyone have any ideas

Thanks

Ashley

Ive got a 1988 90 the rear passenger side disc squeeks and half locks up when I start a journey ,always in the winter every year without fail for the past 8 years ive had two differant mechanics look at the back brakes and they couldnt find what was causing it so ive just learnt to live with it !!!

Many thanks

No I do not have anti squeal shims fitted

Where would i get them for a 110 1994 defender

Cheers

Ashley

Google is an amazing thing isn't it......

However, please check they are right for your truck. They are what I have on a 92 RR and I think all rear calipers are the same.... ish... (!) unsure.gif

Naa, you don´t need new calipers, maybe new pistons but definately the shims. Had the same problem, new pads and dics and terrible squeeling...EBC pads came with self-adhesive anti-squeel pads, but that wasn´t enough with worn pistons. If you are replacing the pistons, then you could also try that self-adhesive stuff instead of the shims. You can buy that separately also.