Its Dead!!!!!!!

BobtailBogey

Well think after suspisions the head gasket was on its way out ( vanishing water) it is now finally clear....

Went and started bogey the other afternoon after just being left over-night and after a fair few turns as the battery didnt seem to great it started with a lot of squilling and then a huge bang and ran fine....

Turned out the Mount for the fan/Water pump belt tensioner had sheared off..............

drove to work yesterday and very low on power and the engine was knocking under load ( once warmed up slightly).. and still steam coming out the bonnet but it was not overheating, temp was just over half...

Any way after work didnt want to turn over very quickly at all ( possibly lack of compression due to head gasket??) anyway got aslmost home pulled up at some lights and it died......

Wouldn't start at all and just puffs of dark smoke coming out the exhaust while turning over......

Gonna have a look at it in some light in a min...

Hi mate yeah it aint going well am also out fixing my fiance's car too......

But had a quick look over the rangie and no water in oil and started straight up with no probs...... thats confusing.....

No i sold that last week just waiting for cleared funds...

Are you positive it's the head gasket?

I was losing water in mine when i first got it and this was the suspected cause of loss of water and over heating etc. Turned out to be the expansion cap.(serviceable item) wasn't allowing the pressure to build so the water was escaping, this along with a hair line crack in the expansion tank was the culprit!!

Wouldn't drive it if it not right, ye'll just make it worse.

Yep, the seal wasn't holding the water in, instead it was escaping causing me to think and get tests done etc..........

Blooming £6 fix along with new expansion tank kindly supplied by a fellow offroader and no more water loss after getting an air lock out!!

:)