Positive 4x4 info wanted

grot

Not just "my 4x4s safer so there" kind of stuff. Does anyone know where I can actually get some facts ie. pollution during manufacter, 80% of LRs are still running anythin factual or statistical that argues against the anti 4x4 peeps directly?

The "74% of all LRs built since 1948 are still on the road" thing is a bit blx as an argument because when you look at production figures the vast majority in terms of numbers have been built in the last 20 odd years - something like 80% IIRC.

one side of it that always gets me is what would all those fat stockbrockers and school run mums, sitting in their Rangerover HSE's or BMW X5's be driving if they couldn't have a 4x4....? :huh:

....well they're hardly going to drive about in a Toyota Prius or a smart car are they? nope, damn right they wouldn't... they'd buy a huge Merc S-Class, a BMW 7-Series or a Lexus LS400...... <_<

and is your adverage 6-Litre, 75k S-Class any better for the environment than a Rangie... well even the dimest of dread-locked crusties must be able to work that one out.... :blink:

so..... i can't see that the 'ban 4x4's' arguement holds any water... 'ban all huge cars' or 'ban anything with over a 3 litre engine' whilst still silly, is at least credible... :rolleyes:

rich people buy premium 4x4's for the comfort, image and status... and they're hardly going to throw that away are they..... they'll just get it elsewhere.......... :rolleyes:

.....and it wont be riding a wicker bicycle whist wearing hemp slacks will it... ;)

one side of it that always gets me is what would all those fat stockbrockers and school run mums, sitting in their Rangerover HSE's or BMW X5's be driving if they couldn't have a 4x4....? :huh:

....well they're hardly going to drive about in a Toyota Prius or a smart car are they? nope, damn right they wouldn't... they'd buy a huge Merc S-Class, a BMW 7-Series or a Lexus LS400...... <_<

and is your adverage 6-Litre, 75k S-Class any better for the environment than a Rangie... well even the dimest of dread-locked crusties must be able to work that one out.... :blink:

so..... i can't see that the 'ban 4x4's' arguement holds any water... 'ban all huge cars' or 'ban anything with over a 3 litre engine' whilst still silly, is at least credible... :rolleyes:

rich people buy premium 4x4's for the comfort, image and status... and they're hardly going to throw that away are they..... they'll just get it elsewhere.......... :rolleyes:

.....and it wont be riding a wicker bicycle whist wearing hemp slacks will it... ;)

Merc S-class = 14mpg

RR Vouge 4.4 supercharged =13mpg

both cars same cost roughly