Those interested in switches

pugwash

What colour would you like your switches?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Main lit switch colour- see post below

• Light green- like the land rover colours
    • Nvay blue lik the ARB ones
    • Opaque White with black signage
    • Red
    • Bright Yellow

OK guys need some forum help here.

For those interested in the waterproof switches which Simon and I are trying to sort out, can you tell me what sort of colours you think would be best.

We have already decided on a black colour for the main portion of the switch (apart from engine start and hazard warning, both of which will be red)- with a lit red bar at the bottom of the switch, which lights up when the switch is activated.

The bit we aren't sure about is the lit box at the top of the switch- this is the box that will have all the symbols printed, and can be lit all the time, or when you turn your lights on (however you decide to wire it)

The poll is- what colour should this box at the top be?

We have already decided on a black colour for the main portion of the switch (apart from engine start and hazard warning, both of which will be red)- with a lit red bar at the bottom of the switch, which lights up when the switch is activated.

The bit we aren't sure about is the lit box at the top of the switch- this is the box that will have all the symbols printed, and can be lit all the time, or when you turn your lights on (however you decide to wire it)

The poll is- what colour should this box at the top be?

wot you say is the rocker (the bit you press) is black but the transparent window can be a different colour?

I thought that the colour usually goes with the function of the switch, a bit like these:

lenses.jpg

e.g. main beam blue, hazards red etc.

(not sure what the tortoise and rabbit switches do?) and

wot you say is the rocker (the bit you press) is black but the transparent window can be a different colour?

I thought that the colour usually goes with the function of the switch, a bit like these:

lenses.jpg

e.g. main beam blue, hazards red etc.

(not sure what the tortoise and rabbit switches do?) and

Good point

hadn't thought about that.

i was asuuming that most people will want a set of switches which have a similar style! i kind of assumed that most people use their own current in-dash warning lights etc etc