alarm help

Hi Folks,

Bit of a new and random problem with my 90. for the last week or so the alarm has been randomlly going off, doesnt seem to matter whether its been used or not, where its parked etc. All windows and doors shut properly along with bulkhead vents so nothing totally obvious to me. Am away with work tonight so have locked it on the key praying it will stay quiet and that my hotel is literally in middle of nowhere so nobody will break in!!!!!

Any ideas where on earth to begin looking? the only thing i have messed with in last few weeks is the rear door light switch, was corroded and light wasnt always coming on so i took out, cleaned up, hosed down with wd40 and stuck back in - light now works fine.

Will get a chance to read/reply tommorow night but all help is great. its a 2003 td5 defender

Davie

You really need to check the alarm triggers on a diagnostic computer to see what has triggered the last 5 alarms, but the interior sensor is quite likely, either due to being faulty or due to bodywork movement. If you have the alarm activated and somebody comes along and thumps the van sides on a 3 door 110 it will set it off because the bodywork is so puny :)

Clean the sensor, check for moths in vehicle i had one that randomly flew about.

Dignostic machine best route for sure.

When you locked it with key did you disable the 'interior space alarm'

You say it is parked in differents area so it is not a random lorry/dustcart? Mine has done that too.