Gearbox mounts, are they all the same

jamesvfr

Hi all

Just wondering if the part of the gearbox mount that bolts directly is the same on all manual discos, rangies + 90s?

Only reason being i ripped out the old 2.25 petrol + lt77 a long time ago from a 90 my dad has as he wanted v8 auto, now getting back round to doing it again + he now wants v8 manual as we have an LT77 for a v8 in the shed but lost the mounts from the lt77 that was in it

Ive got some from a 4speed rangie box + just wondered if they are the same + if the box would sit in the original place

Cant move the engine mounts till the box is in to get a location

Cheers all

James

Well, when I removed my 2.5 petrol and LT77 and fitted a 3.5 V8 with a santana (LT85), I just used the same mounts that were original.

I did however have to use the mount attached to the LT77 so that both fixing points on the LT85 used the plate that directly has the rubber underneath rather than the plate that offsets the mount.

If that makes any sense?? :ph34r:

Can take some piccys tomorrow if you like.

Yeah you should be fine then as another way of looking at it;

The mount bolted directly to the chassis on my 2.5 petrol stayed on.

The replacement gearbox (LT85) side of things was just a flat plate with the rubber directly bolted to it.

So if you have bits bolted to both boxes and your original chassis mounts still in place you should be fine! :i-m_so_happy: