Advice on Removing Front window screen

Paul D

Hi all

Can anyone advise me on the best way to remove a Front window screen from a RRC without breaking it with the intention of fitting it to my truck as mine has a crack in it!

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Paul

There are two ways on a classic you can do it, safely one is the correct way the other is the easy way.

First the easy way:- take a very sharp knife and insert the blade between the glass and the window rubber and drag it around the rubber until the face is removed the glass will pop out easily with someone on the inside gently pushing with their feet in the middle of the screen.

OR

The propery way:- when you look at the face of the rubber glazing strip there is an insert in the middle if you gently push a (small)screw drive between the rubber and the under you should be able to prize out the insert. Take the insert out all the way around the screen. Now as before with someone inside the glass should be gently pushed out by your feet exerted on the middle of the screen.

Be aware that you may need to use some force and because this is glass you are working with there is a fine line between the required force and breaking the glass so be extremely careful.

• 2 weeks later...