Body Resassemble Questions

Crankin

Body Reassemble

I am about 65% finished with the reinstall of the body and wondering if there are certain phases in which one should install the panels.

So, far here is the steps I have taken…

1. Bulkhead

2. Rear tub

3. From here I attached all the floor rails that bridge the gap between the rear tub and bulkhead.

4. Seatbox

Sound right?

Now the problems… when do I start to tighten everything up and make sure things are lined up correctly? For example, do I first start to tighten the bolt running into the out rigger? Then tighten the two bolts on the bulkhead footer? Then tighten the running board to the rear tub, etc....

I am looking at things and seeing that there is about an inch vertical gap between my passenger floor and the bulkheads footwell top outside corner. I am hoping that as I adjust things that this gap will shrink. However, there are some things weighing up against me…one, is that I had the bulkhead galvanized, two, I had the footwells replaced and welded back in…and the last thing, the floor boards are new replacement ones.

I am wondering if I will just have to live with this gap and explain it to people as a draining system....or it could be that I do not fully understand what bolts adjust what part of the bulkhead,floor rails, etc...

Can someone shed some light on this?

DSC04130.JPG

Looks like the floor runner is too low. But what are the other sides like around the floor?

If the edges around the seat box and tunnel are correct then it could be simply the rails, but if they are low as well then it must be the bulkhead foot wells.

Do you have any more photos? Maybe of the rail mounting into the bulkhead without the floor in and the seat box and tunnel.

When I rebuilt my bulkhead it all lined up on a horizontal line from the seat box through the tunnel to the foot well. As mine is a S1 my experience may not help but the seat box front sat on a set of captive nuts an inch or so above the chassis. IIRC the front of the tunnel also had a captive nut on the chassis where it met the foot well.

Now I think of it I did have a bit of fun getting the door/floor rail to fit correctly but using a hammer to knock the rail upwards after putting the bolts in seemed to cure most of the problem.

Unfortunately your picture is at an angle so it is difficult to see what is in line or not.

Nice looking chassis though.

Marc.