Convert a Double Cab into a Station Wagon / Utility Vehicle

Hi,

Is it possible or should I say, how possible is it, to modify a Double Cab Pick-up into a Station Wagon / Utility vehicle?

Is it just a case of swapping the roof and rear door, and remove rear panel (that has the sliding window) and install the side panels?

Or is it much more complicated?

Cheers

L

I agree, easier to buy what you want than convert. It may appear simple but there's a lot of small details that need to change, unbolting bits is easy. If you're determined to do it though, the roof is worth a fair amount as most requests are to go the other way! For a utility you need plain 88" series side panels to replace the SW sides.

Seems to be more difficult than what I thought then.

The reason I ask, was this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201053349428354/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/15000/model/defender/make/land_rover/page/34/quicksearch/true/radius/1500/postcode/

I need the rear due to having a dog...can't seem to find a 110 TDCi SW for anywhere near that price...

Thanks for the replies.

Is your dog anti-socially smelly? :D

You can easily fit a dog guard in station wagons or does it need to be in it's own space?

Sean he's saying he wants the dog in a station wagon & not in it's own space, but personally I think DC are better for dog carrying, the dog would be fine in the back, your windows won't steam up,your cab stays clean and fresh and most importantly better from a safety point of view for you and your passengers and possibly the dog in reality.