TD4 mileage

negativepitch

can anyone tell me if a fully serviced TD4 on 88000 miles is still any good for a landrover ?

any problems I should be looking out for apart from the crankcase breather, or should I leave it well alone ?

bit late really as I already but a deposit down on it £250, and collect it next week, asking price is £7250 not a mark on it, or in it.

still not to late I suppose to let it go.

I would have asked before, but had to wait for my joining the site to be OK'ed,

cheers,

crank case filter is a good thing to change as precaution - usual things when buying used - full service history? pref LR or other independent and all the paperwork to support.

I'm running an x plate td4 with just over 70k on the clock - previous owners have towed with it (the tow bar gave that away ;) )

When i got it i dropped the engine oil, ird oil and gearbox oil. Changed anti freeze, changed brake fluid. Changed crankcase breather and air cleaner. In otherwords a darn good service. Gives you a starting point despite any history.

It shows on mine that it has been used for towing - clutch plate now changed and it drives amazing well now!

If you're handy with spanners and don't mind getting hands dirty then everything is relativly easy to fix - just time (and money) consuming - having said that I wouldn't part with mine - except for a newer one!!!

If its a manual the clutch should be light & smooth in operation.

If looked after it will have plenty of life.

Mark.

cheers lads for all the advice,

the seller has just had full service including the breather without me even mentioning it to him,

so all sounds good.

cheers once again,

steve

• 4 weeks later...

At 80k I have a feeling we changed the front/centre rear diff mount. It was about £20 and I can't remember if we did it because we were hearing it clunk or just spotted it was wearing because we had just changed the one on our other Freelander.

Cheers

Blippie