Longer shocks to go with parabolics

allinger

A p.o. had parabolics fitted to the truck, but out of cheapness, respect for originality or lack of knowledge mated these with standard height shocks. I'm of the understanding that, in order to get the most benefit of parabolics, one should mate these with longer shocks (having read, searched etc) - now my question is: how much longer?

I'm running a SWB SIII hardtop (ragtop with some rudimentary hoop to-be) so we're not talking too much weight here. And is the front and rear to be of equal length? And (finally) - checkstraps - should these be extended as well?

/F

Stick a set of pro-comps on there and things will improve. The ones paddocks and the like sell to fit a series will be fine and will cope with all the ariculation you will get. The procomps have internal bump stops so you can do away with the check straps completely.

Front and rear will not be of equal length.

Jon

It's not just a question of shock length. Parabolics are more supple/flexy than the standard leaf pack, therefore will benefit from a somewhat stronger valving in the shock to get the full on-road benefit of the parabolics (which, admittedly, isn't really much better than a well maintained leaf pack, the benefit being off-road biased).