FIA regs question

jules

Can anyone confirm the size of the wire and seals needed to conform to the 2010 FIA regs for the seals which have to be fitted to the engine prior to scrutineering.

Also is the new restrictor size 35mm or 34mm I was under the impression the new size is 35mm but a mate has made a throw away comment which has worried me a bit.

Thanks

No that's wrong when it comes to big FIA off raod events

During srutineering at the UAE Desert challenge we had not fitted any of the seals and the scrutineer gave us the benefit of the doubt but said it would not happen again "in the way that all scrutineers do" he fitted them for us but told us there and then we have to fit all the seals they then check them. With the number of cars going through the scrutineers don't have time to fit all the seals so it down to competitors to do so in advance.

Have a big reel of the wire at work,,

You are allowed to wire them,, but the Fia scrutineer will use a puka FIA numbered seal

Normally turbo restrictor, engine block to cly head

No idea what the turbo restrictor size is now,, gave up on turbo cars,, It was 34mm, when we ran the cossys etc

Yes the FIA seals are fitted during scrutineering but all the wires need to be pre-fitted.

The restrictor for a V8 like ours is 36mm I was mistaken about the size... we our running a naturally aspirated V8.

Yes we are again doing all the service for the guys in the Dune Raider team.

post-312-12662634886_thumb.jpg