terrafirma or britpart coil springs?

Guest noggy AKA Mortus

Which is the better make of springs?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. terrafirma or britpart?

I am a poor poor chap, and im looking into budget springs and shocks to gain a lift on my 200tdi disco

Now, at the moment im going for the "light" option, as i wont have a winch to weigh me down.

Which springs will last the longest be the best really!

Thanks

I'L second the Terrafirmas. I bought a set of the mediums with shocks too for my 90 (Caged and winches front/rear so went medium for better articulation) and they have performed faultlessly offroad and good on the blackstuff too.

They have outlasted a set of procomp shocks a mate fitted at the same time as me.

Will depend how much lift you want but the other option would be to find some suitable standard landrover springs and fit these.

Will require some maths to calculate the change in height but i'm sure it wouldnt be too hard to work out a setup.

Something like Range rover "HD" rears (NRC4304) on the front, and then some defender rears (or disco v8 rears - NTC5527) on the back might just about work.

If you can measure your existing springs, loaded, it would give an idea of how much weight is on them and how the height would change, assuming they're standard springs at the moment?

Thanks for the replys so far, i will be using it almost entirely offroad, infact i am currently looking into a longranger conversion.

Will depend how much lift you want but the other option would be to find some suitable standard landrover springs and fit these.

Will require some maths to calculate the change in height but i'm sure it wouldnt be too hard to work out a setup.

Something like Range rover "HD" rears (NRC4304) on the front, and then some defender rears (or disco v8 rears - NTC5527) on the back might just about work.

If you can measure your existing springs, loaded, it would give an idea of how much weight is on them and how the height would change, assuming they're standard springs at the moment?

They are standard springs at the moment, but i imagine they will not be correct loaded length, as it has done 149000 miles!

On the paddocks website, there is a 2inch lift kit using britpart springs and comes with dislocation cones etc etc for 300quids (no hockey sticks or trailing arms)

I have seen a terrafirma kit, (cant actually remember where right now..) that is the same price and has the same kit offered with it.

I have often thought about using genuine landrover springs, but this gets expensive! buying terrafirma or britpart springs is cheaper, and im 18 insuring a discovery and a td5 90 and have a girlfriend (thats probably the most expensive bit)... i dont have much money to spare!!

have a girlfriend (thats probably the most expensive bit)... i dont have much money to spare!!

You just answered your own question!! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I've a set f Britpart springs on order from Paddocks, so assuming they actually get delivered, I'll post up and let you know how I get on with them in the next couple of weeks.

Chris

well I had some std ht 110 rear springs on my truck, but exchanged them for a pair of hd +2" on the rear. old set was 18mths old, +2" are new. apart from the xtra lift they are lovely, std ones are 330lb spring with a 17mm wire, new ones are 420lb 21mm wire (same spec, length etc as OME) they seem more pliable, and you can FEEL the axle twisting underneath. I'd say that the longer stiffer ones are stiffer, but more flexible , if thats possible! Might add that on the front I've got famous four hd +1" so back sits about 2" above front, good when loaded. somehow wit the longer springs at the rear is 'come alive'and encourages more spirited driving, slightly more lean on corners, but not much. on the back I used cheap and chearful shock mount droppers ( using orig mount) Oops forgot to say they were both britpart yellows on the rear.