Breaking a disco for spares

Boro

Hi guys, considering breaking up my 1995 3 door 300tdi disco for spares, mechanically its really good but it needs work on the sills and boot floor and repairs around the alpine windows are needed as its going into holes round the windows, will need a cambelt kit soon as thats coming up and i have a feeling the clutch may need replacing soon as the thrust bearing is noisey, its had a lot of work done but im just not sure its worth continuing with so what i would like to know is if i break it up what sort of money i could expect to get back from parts, its done 155k now but engine is still good and pulls well, gearbox is good apart from the usual crunch into second if you change too fast, rear axle has been overhauled within the last few thousand miles with new (all genuine landrover unless stated otherwise) stub axles, all seals, gaskets, bearmach hubs, timken wheel bearings, mintex discs and pads, front axle overhauled approx 250 miles ago with new (all genuine unless otherwise stated) stub axles, bearings, seals, gaskets, swivels, cv joints, timken swivel bearings, tinken wheel bearings, mintex discs and pads, had a full bosal exhaust 500 miles ago and the downpipe was replaced for a decat downpipe with flexi at the same time, battery and alternator where also replaced 250 miles ago, front springs and shocks replaced for genuine landrover items at the same time, fitted with a set of disco es freestyle alloys which are immaculate with new genuine wheel nuts and locking nuts and 4 new bfg all terrain tyres 200 miles ago, spare wheel has a road tyre on it

How much is your time worth? Broken up carefully and with a bit of patience and time spent selling bits off could realistically realise £1000 including the value of the scrapped carcass. BUT in order to get that money you may have to invest more time than its really worth. Sold AS IS it should give you half that if you advertise it well. So you have to ask it it worth the hassle of many 10's of hours of hard, dirty work for an extra £500. If so then break it.If not stick it up as a classified,someone will give you £500 for it eventually!

Well thats my take on it anyway. Others may take a different view

Hi guys, considering breaking up my 1995 3 door 300tdi disco for spares, mechanically its really good but it needs work on the sills and boot floor and repairs around the alpine windows are needed as its going into holes round the windows, will need a cambelt kit soon as thats coming up and i have a feeling the clutch may need replacing soon as the thrust bearing is noisey, its had a lot of work done but im just not sure its worth continuing with so what i would like to know is if i break it up what sort of money i could expect to get back from parts, its done 155k now but engine is still good and pulls well, gearbox is good apart from the usual crunch into second if you change too fast, rear axle has been overhauled within the last few thousand miles with new (all genuine landrover unless stated otherwise) stub axles, all seals, gaskets, bearmach hubs, timken wheel bearings, mintex discs and pads, front axle overhauled approx 250 miles ago with new (all genuine unless otherwise stated) stub axles, bearings, seals, gaskets, swivels, cv joints, timken swivel bearings, tinken wheel bearings, mintex discs and pads, had a full bosal exhaust 500 miles ago and the downpipe was replaced for a decat downpipe with flexi at the same time, battery and alternator where also replaced 250 miles ago, front springs and shocks replaced for genuine landrover items at the same time, fitted with a set of disco es freestyle alloys which are immaculate with new genuine wheel nuts and locking nuts and 4 new bfg all terrain tyres 200 miles ago, spare wheel has a road tyre on it

hi

what price would you sell (or if you want to sell them) your set of wheels for and any idea of courier costs to staffordshire

thanks Roy