CAD DOWN LOAD

Try www.progecad.co.uk and download there free progecad smart software. This cad package is almost identical to AutoCad.

Thanks for the pointer, from the home page this seems to be either:

"progeCAD 2010 professional Fully functional 30 day free trial",

OR

"ProgeCAD Pro 2009 is available free for educational use".

I note the Download area contains 2008, 2009, and 2010 versions.

Which do you suggest we go for?

Is the 2010 version disabled after 30 days, or do users get a nag screen, time delay, or watermark imposed after 30 days?

Do they ask for some verification of 'my' educational status?

Or is it merely assumed that if I'm content to use last years version it must be for 'educational' purposes?

I thought I'd ask for guidance before attempting a download.

Regards

Hi as far as I know the only totally free progeCAD package is progeCAD smart 2008.This software will do anything AutoCad will do apart from 3D.

If you do not intend doing any 3D then go for it. The 30 day free down load on 2010 pro does stop working after 30 days.

Hi as far as I know the only totally free progeCAD package is progeCAD smart 2008.This software will do anything AutoCad will do apart from 3D.

If you do not intend doing any 3D then go for it. The 30 day free down load on 2010 pro does stop working after 30 days.

Ok, Thanks, I'm sorry I didn't spot your response straight-away, so left it until after the weekend.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want ultimate value then go with Sketchup, its an extremly powerfull tool for free software.

I have been using it for drawing engineering models for a few years now. For small personnal fabrication drawings and concept design its quick and easy to use.

I drew this prop to scale the other day to supply some drawings to get it modified

post-20087-127011343945_thumb.jpg